Monday, September 14, 2009

Self-Concept

I do agree with the statement that your self compect is formed by what other people tell you. I think at the ages from 6 to 12 you don't have the confidence to know any better. If someone told you.. your dress was ugly, or you talked funny, I would believe it at that age. I remember going home from school one day crying because the boy I had a crush on told me that my dress was ugly. I loved that dress; I was even the one who picked it out with my mom. But, I convinced myself that it was ugly and I never wore it again. I think those years shape who you are, even if you don't remember it.

I got a long with everyone when i was little. I was a tom boy so I hung out with mostly boys. I think they made fun of me a lot mostly because I was something different from them and they did not understand them. I think that helped shape me for who I am today though. I still think that I get along with boys better than girls, but I can take anything that people say to me. I wouldnt want to change anything about my childhood, I had so much fun. My parents demanded a lot from me. So now, I demand a lot from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment